Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!
For the first time ever the beautiful Surrey town of Haslemere hosted their inaugeral Town Crier Competition on Bank Holiday Monday the 7th May 2012 during the Charter Fair.
12 Town Criers competed for the 'Tennyson Trophy', which is a dramatic bronze statue of a 17th Lancer of the Light Brigade - a famous military action immortalised in Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem 'The Charge of the Light Brigade'.
The competition took place in the beautiful gardens of the Haslemere Educational Museum, where the public came to see and hear some of the country's top criers in action.
The next competition in Haslemere will be the 5th of May 2014.
- 1st Place and winner of the Tennyson Trophy - Ken Knowles, Lichfield, pictured above. (Trophy and Watch donated by cosutmeshiredirect.com)
- Runner Up - Robert Needham, Colchester. (Pocket Watch donated by Clayton's Fine Jewellery)
- 3rd Place Town Crier - David Fry South Gloucestershire. (Pocket Watch donated by McGowen's Corporate Solutions)
- Best Dressed Escort - Jenny Evans of Nailsworth. (Bouquet donated by Marley Flowers)
- Best Dressed Town Cirer - Trevor Heeks, Trowbridge & Longleat Est. (Pocket Watch donated by Eden Hair & Beauty)